[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Deportation of Volhynian Germans to Siberia

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 04:57:40 PST 2005

To the best of my knowledge there are no records of who was deported where. When the deportation happened in WW I it seemed to be very quick and Germans were more or less gathered in huge groups and sent out east. You will probably have to rely most on what your family members knew. Any that were still alive in Poland or Volhynia at the start of WW II should be found in EWZ records where you might learn some more, particularly those or their parents who died.

Do you know any places they mention? Some of the popular destinations were Kustanai and Akhtubinsk (Kazakhstan), Charkow (Ukraine), and Saratov, Samara, Troitsk (Russia).

Ohgrmtns at aol.com wrote:
I am looking for any information on the deportation of Volhynian Germans to
Siberia in WWI.
I am interested to know if my family appeared on any records or lists as
being sent. My dad has talked of at least my g-gmother, KAROLINE FEIFERT going
to Siberia. The remainder of the family would have been HEINRICH, EMIL,
OTTILIE, and perhaps ALBERTINE and SAMUEL. Can anyone point me in the direction I
need to go or provide me with a bit more information?

Kristen FEIFERT Clark

Researching : FEIFERT, STIEBNER, NEUBERT, KOCHAN
Searching: Nedbajewka, Rohrbach(Berjozowka), Gruental