[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Rendering pork rinds

Lloyd Friedrick lloydfriedrick at telus.net
Tue Mar 29 19:24:16 PST 2005

On our prairie farm, mother and father rendered the fat after butchering a
A crispy pork rind was the residue from this process.
My cousin says they called them "grits" but I do not remember hearing this
term of description.
It seems to me that my parents used a German word to describe them.
Could anyone tell me of a common German name for these rinds?

lloyd friedrick

More information about the Ger-Poland-Volhynia mailing list