[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Parish histories and photos and documents

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon May 2 09:05:12 PDT 2005

We are slowly starting to build a compilation of parish histories on the
SGGEE website.  See http://www.sggee.org/parish_histories/church_history.html

Some, such as Volhynia, are basically completed while others, such as
Russian Poland
http://www.sggee.org/parish_histories/LuthParishesRusPol.html are in progress.

We will also eventually add Baptist and Moravian histories as well.

We would also like to include some photos of these places.  These could be:

- pictures of actual churches or chapels
- pictures of the town or village
- pictures of people, at work or posed or ???
- modern or historical are OK

Anything that can be clearly identified with the specific parish as it
appears in our lists would be great.

We require good quality photos or duplicates.  Photocopies are generally
not adequate.  We can use high quality scans from books or magazines so
long as the picture itself is not copyright (example: it should be from an
archival source where we can give credit to that archive).

We would also be pleased to have scanned copies of old documents from these
parishes.  Your copy should include the entire document (not just a part of
it) and a brief description of what it is.

You do not have to wait until a parish history appears on our site to
provide the material.  You can send it to me and I will either hold it on
file until the history is created or I will create the pictures / documents
pages in advance of the history.

Before sending anything, please write to me and let me know what you
have.  We can then discuss whether or not it is suitable or if there might
be a copyright problem.  Please limit your offerings to material from
Russian Poland, Volhynia, Podolia, or Kiev.

We cannot guarantee that all photos or documents supplied will be used as
space is limited.  However, we will try to incorporate as many as possible.

Thank you.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca