[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Name inquiries for Misner, Zwerin, Melamed, Feuer, and Landberg

rbbtfarm rbbtfarm at wavecable.com
Wed May 4 22:12:30 PDT 2005

Hi List,

I have a couple name questions:

John M., you mentioned your dictionary of German names. I would be interest
info on some names, if it wouldn't be inconvenient - ZWERIN or some
alternative spelling close to that, possibly SWERIN? Also the names FEUER,
MELAMED, and LANDBERG. This last name doesn't seem German to me, but it is
not only German, but Jewish. These lines are probably all from Eastern
Europe, but I don't have anything more definite than that. They are Ellis
Island emigrants. Just haven't located them yet.

Someone mentioned MEISSER. I am researching the name of MISNER. Could the
latter be a variant spelling of the German name? This is a pre-Ellis Island
line. The emigrant may go back to the American Revolution.

Any observations on any of these names such as locations, alternate
spellings, meaning, etc. Anyone else looking for these names?

Thanks for any and all info....  Tricia M.