[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Holendrach

Mary Heard mjhawhjr at ktc.com
Fri May 20 08:55:47 PDT 2005

In some Lutheran Church records for Prazuchy, Congress Poland, (specifically for the time frame 1830 to 1835), I find the word "Holendrach" immediately following the name of the village, for example:  (in Polish) "w Prazuchach Holendrach" and "w Zakrzynohich Holendrach".  These expressions along with "zamieszkaly" immediately follow the name of an individual.

Are these individuals German settlers living among some Dutch settlers in these villages or in a Dutch area of the village?  Are they perhaps Dutch settlers themselves?

In later years I no longer see the "holendrach" designation attached to the individuals in the documents concerning these families.

My thanks to anyone who can shed some lignt on this subject.

Mary J K Heard

M J Heard <mjhawhjr at ktc.com>