[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] KOVNA/KOVONA RUSSIAN POLAND

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue May 31 07:02:40 PDT 2005

At 02:38 PM 30/05/2005, JUSTIN L DINGMAN wrote:
>Does anyone know of the town located in the area of Russian-Poland: KOVNA
>OR KOVONA. Don't know if I have the right spellings.  Time period 1800's.
>
>Justin L Dingman

Kovno is today known as Kaunas and is a large town / small city in
Lithuania.  I THINK it was just outside the northern most boundary of
Russian Poland but don't have a clear cut map of the area to say for sure.

I don't see any other locations with similar spelling to yours.  If the
source of your info is a record of some kind, we may be able to help more.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca