[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Name lists from early German settlements in Poland

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue May 31 13:52:53 PDT 2005

Earlier today, Uta Haertling posted a list of early Lutheran German
settlers in the village of Glombin (Glabin), Catholic Parish of Skoszewy.

I would encourage other readers to post such lists if they have them,
ESPECIALLY for villages that predate the establishment of a Lutheran Church
in the area.  We do not need a complete extraction of information.  Such
extractions are going into our databases.  If you have any such full
extractions, please pass them on to our database manager.  However, if you
have just a list of surnames or individuals for a specific village, we
would be happy to see them on this mailing list.  I will copy them and
include them on our website.

On this page, http://www.sggee.org/parish_histories/LuthParishesRusPol.html
you will find links to parish histories.  We are in process of creating
additional links so that eventually you will have the ability to link to
other parish specific pages including:

- history
- pictures and documents
- research notes

Lists of people, as mentioned above, will be included in the research notes
pages.

It will of course take some time to build up this knowledge base and I
suppose we will always be lacking in some area or other.  However, we are
going to try our best to make this section a strong point on our website,
right behind the databases available to Members Only.

We are not looking for individual family names but if you have any lists,
partial or complete, please post them to this mailing list or send them
personally to me.  Be sure to include the village name and the parish or
other source that applies.

Thank you.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca