[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lost in Translation by Otto

Posnsrch at aol.com Posnsrch at aol.com
Tue Nov 1 13:10:40 PST 2005

In a message dated 11/1/2005 2:13:18 P.M. Central Standard Time,
ger-poland-volhynia-request at eclipse.sggee.org Otto writes:

Oh,  Nellie, before I forget, dump out that old bag of rocks you
carry,  their weight only diminish your joy of life.

I have learned a tremendous amount of history and useful genealogy facts on
this list. I value this list more than any other list to which I belong
because  everyone has such great integrity and there few insults slung. It has
always  been a joy to read and learn from this list, and I have always felt a
freedom to share without a pending backlash.  Thank you for  allowing all facts
and experiences to be shared here in the spirit of sharing,  not slamming. We
can all learn about history together, as we piece the puzzle of  our ancestors
together. This list is one of the best there is, and hopefully it  will
continue with no slighting comments to others.

And just for the record: one of my sons-in-law is 2nd  generation Polish, my
husband is 1/8 Cherokee, my daughters-in-law are Filipina  and Panamanian, my
other son-in-law is 2nd generation Italian, and  we had 21 minority foster
children. I graduated from a Christian  college, and I am a certified special
education teacher since 1976 (now retired)  and an evening college teacher at the
Univ of Texas at Brownsville, where  not one student knew English, so I feel
my life reflects both my happiness and  my tolerance.

I feel since this comment was made to the list, a response was necessary.
Hopefully, any other negative comments will be sent to me directly, to keep this
 list with a spirit of help, not pettiness.

Nellie, a  68-yr-old root digger