[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Executed in Zhitomir 1938

Michelle Bakke-Purnell wldrose at telusplanet.net
Wed Nov 2 22:40:02 PST 2005

Hi Dave
Well I'v put this one out to the list a couple of times, yet its worth
another shot.  My greatgrandfather was Otto Honig, he and his brother
Albert fled in the middle of the night around 1911.  Based on a document
I had so graciously got translated from the list.  Otto got permission
of leave from the Russian army on March 21 1911. It was good for only
one year. He fled right after this was signed.  I found him and his
brother Albert on the Ellis Island site (can't remember yet I think it
is July 1911).  On there is states that the town they are coming from is
Baranowka.  Otto and Albert's parents are Franz Friedrich Honig and
Bertha Emilie Boehlke.  They were married May 1 1883 in Rosyszcze
Parish.  Otto's brithdate is August 3 1892.  Otto married Ora Mae
Mulholland Nov 11 1916 in Shaunavon Sask.  He would never talk about his
family to his children.  All he told them was that his family back home
was all killed. He stated that this happened after he immigrated. His
brother Albert never married and died an Alcoholic in Sask.  So thats
the brick wall I have been hitting for about 6 years now.  Anyone have
any sugestions?  Thanks for all your help
Michelle

Dave Obee wrote:

That one case represented only about a tenth of the Germans killed in the
area during the 1930s. What are the names you're researching? Any hint about
what village they came from? When did your ancestors come to Canada?

Dave Obee