[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pastor Rudolf Kerstens

Gerhard Koenig Gerhard.Koenig at gmx.net
Fri Nov 4 15:23:40 PST 2005

Dear researcher,

for one of our next projects we are need your support in Canada. Pastor
Rudolf Kersten (*2.10.1891 Modzerowo, pow. Wloclawski, Poland) was ordinate
10.8.1913 in Redern [1] or Rosthern [2], Sask., Canada. The National
Lutheran Council called the former Polish ministers to return to their old
homeland, since urgently ministers in Poland were needed. Kersten was an
only minister, this call followed. His family traveled 1921 to Poland and
Kersten served the Lutheran parish in Rozyszcze from 1921 to 1924.

[1] Kneifel "Die Pastoren der evang.luth. Kirche in Polen" 1965, p.109f
[2] "Heimatbote" 1964/65

Now my questions:

#1 Who know the right village name of the ordination in 1913?

#2 Who can write us some informations about the history of this Lutheran
parish in Canada about 1913-1921?

#3 Where lived the family Kersten in this time?

#4 Who know the complete contents of this call from National Lutheran
Council in 1919 or 1920? It was a "Pastoralkonferenz" in one of this years
and Kersten spoke with the "Synodalpraeses". The name of this person I dont
know currently.

#5 A copy of documents or hints about the conventions of this Council in the
years 1918-1921 can be helpful.

If someone can recommend articles of this time, write the complete title
please. Copies or scans can be the best way.

Thanks & Regards, Gerhard

--
Historical Society - www.HistorischerVerein.wolhynien.de
Family research in Volhynia - www.wolhynien.de