[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Translation

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Fri Nov 4 20:32:52 PST 2005

Nelson,

I know nothing about the German language, but I doubt that the guy
who kills the cow in the slaughterhouse is the butcher.   The butcher
is the guy who cuts up the cow.    I think there are some other jobs
in the slaughterhouse, but I do not know the names.   I suspect in
all countries, there were names given for each of the jobs in the
slaughterhouse.    Probably separate jobs for draining the blood,
skinning, and gutting, and probably a few more.

Gary