[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Database now exceeds 329,000 entries

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Sat Nov 5 09:42:54 PST 2005

We are pleased to announce that the main SGGEE database collection
(available to members only) now exceeds 329,000 names.

Although new information has been added to the main database, it is
important to understand that it is not yet merged.  The merge process
serves to combine duplicates that might exist.  For that reason, you
may find some duplication of names when you conduct your search.  We
estimate this to be about 20,000 names at this time.

The merge process allows our database manager, Gary Warner, to
determine relationships and he uses that process to contact you when
he finds connections between members.

Many thanks to our members for continuing to provide family data and
to our many volunteers who continue to extract helpful information.

And a great big special thank you to Gary for continuing to manage
all this information.  He puts in many ours a week in doing this for
the benefit of our members.  I'll bet when he took on the task that
he didn't realize what that task would involve or that, within 7
years, we would achieve over 300,000 entries.

Please watch for some web site changes within the next couple of
months.  We are going to try to make instructions for use a little
easier to understand and also allow you to go directly to the
database search without passing through other pages.

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] and SGGEE webmaster
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html