[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Edenwald - EdenWold spelling

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Tue Nov 8 08:16:03 PST 2005

And I suppose that is how many names, including family names, were possibly
changed on arrival in Canada.
The "Denkschrift zum Silber-Jubilaeum....." of 1922 however still has it as
Edenwald. It continues indicating that Pastor Schmieder first held services
at Edenwald/Edenwold on Oct. 30, 1889; On Sept. 27, 1890 17 families decided
to form the St. Johns Ev. Lutheran church;  July 17, 1893, the church was
dedicated, this being the second church for this Synod in Western
Canada.(the first being the Trinity Lutheran church in Winnipeg).
Edenwald/Edenwold served the Germans settlers of Davin, Kronau,Longlake and
Strassburg.
Howard Krushel