[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Search BRACHMANN / LACHMANN

Gerhard Koenig Gerhard.Koenig at gmx.net
Fri Nov 11 17:46:12 PST 2005

> Could you be thinking of LACHMANN rather than BRACHMANN? My g gf, Sam
> LACHMANN was born in Rozyszce in September, 1865. He had an uncle named
> (Johann) Gottlieb.

Hello Ken,

I know both names. A family LACHMANN was one of the first inhabitants
in Wincentow, Volhynia and the families BRACHMANN came 20 years later.

The spelling of this two names is different in Russian and the meaning in
German too. The old word "Lache" mean puddle or laugh and the German word
"Brache" mean fallow or uncultivated land.

I search both names in Volhynia.

Gerhard

--
Historical Society - www.HistorischerVerein.wolhynien.de