[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village location

Royal Natzke rdnatzke at execpc.com
Fri Nov 18 19:30:23 PST 2005

I have been searching for my grandfather's (John Martin Neumann) birth place. Attempts were made to find Kurmenz, Russia, as was stated on US Immigration papers, without success. After extensive searching in the recent films released from the Warsaw Archives, I found a village called, " Kurlenz in Petrikaw" listed as a birthplace for another Neumann ancestor. Jerry, I'm wondering if you or someone else would have information on this village. Could "Kurlenz" have been misspelled, "Kurmenz"?.I'm assuming Petrikaw is a Kreis.The closest spelling I could find is "Piotrikow"., but have no Idea where it is. Any help would be appreciated.

Dorothy Natzke