[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Zippel family and some others from Oryszew, Zyrardow, Antoniewlow area

Cynthia Howland bluebird07 at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 23 11:11:16 PST 2005

Hello Everyone,

My name is Cynthia Howland.  I have been a member for only a few months.  I
have found on the mailing list and in the EWZ records the first breakthrough
into researching my mother's family history.  Thank you to Karl Krueger for
referring me to a good starting place in the EWZ record.

I would love to hear from anyone who has information about the towns of
ORYSZEW, ZYRARDOW and ANTONIEWLOW or about the surnames ZIPPEL (CYPEL) MERK,
DUWE and WENTZEL (WENZEL ?) in  those areas.  Also I found in the EWZ
records of 1940 that 2 of the daughters had married a WEISS and a
JANISZEWSKI.

Does anyone know the best way to obtain other records for these areas?  My
Grandfather Emil Zippel was born in Oryszew in 1889 the youngest of 11
children.  I would need records from before 1889 to best connect the family
together.  It would also be good to know what happened to the rest of the
family and to learn of any living cousins.

Cynthia