[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Birth records-Mariendorf,Volhynia

Royal Natzke rdnatzke at execpc.com
Sun Oct 2 16:11:01 PDT 2005

In searching the birth records of my father's siblings in Volhynia, I am confused regarding the various colonies mentioned. My father, Edward Neumann, was born in 1883 when his parents were, according to the record, colonists in Mariendorf II. His brother, Rudolph, was born in 1884 in Mariendorf I as was brother Wilhelm in 1886. Brother, August,1890, and Martin, 1893 were born in Kiselowka. Did colonists move from colony to colony frequently? Oral history claims they made shingles and cut peat. I have not found land ownership records, so I'm not sure if they were farmers in addition to these other occupations.
 In the new set of films on one occasion they state, "Mariendorf b. W.". Could this be,"by Wandawola"? Is Mariendorf II Kiselowka or Swiczewka? Any help would be appreciated.

Dorothy Natzke