[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] EZA etcf. ? 10.5 2005

rbbtfarm rbbtfarm at wavecable.com
Wed Oct 5 14:07:36 PDT 2005

Hi List,

What is the EZA and if baptismal record exists at it, how can I locate them?
Are there civil records as well?

Ancestors were Lutherans. Have two family groups I am at a dead end for.
Thought I would mention they again. (Missed the "roll call", two deaths in
the family since May.) Wondered about sites I have heard mentioned here.
Still learning about pre-emigration sites.

My Pomeranian, Poland/Prussia ancestors are BARZ/BARTZ; connected to BECKER
and NEUMAN. Generally I am looking in the early-mid 1800s time frame,
roughly before 1880 emigration. Can anyone on the list tell me how I can
find records in areas like this?

In the same time frame, I have another line, SELINGER (other spellings ?)
that I have no idea where they came from, except someplace connected to
German hertiage and were also Lutherans. Also wonder about possible Jewish
connections with this line.

Have not found either group on any records - Ship Lists, Castle Gardens,
etc. prior to locating them in Joliet, Will Co.  IL (sw of Chicago, Cook Co.
IL), both about 1880.

I am sure some of this has been covered, but I need some input and assume
other "newbies" to this area might find it helpful. General input in that
regard probably would help many more, than just myself and my specific
lines.

Thanks to all you experts out there,
Tricia M.