[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Leczyn and Strzelce

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 17 06:47:15 PDT 2005

At 02:57 AM 17/10/2005, blbrandt at comcast.net wrote:
>My gggrandparants marriage records state the following:
>Gottfried was born in the Parish of Leczyn and Dorothea in the
>Parish of Strzelce.
>
>Does any one know where these Parishes were located.
>
>Brenda Brandt

Strzelce is a village, not a parish.  It is located right on the road
between Gostynin and Kutno, about 11 km N of Kutno.  Coordinates are
N52/18 E19/24.  Those are the 2 parish names you would want to
consider for your further research of that village.

Leczyn is a little more difficult to figure out as it appears to be
misspelled.  Options scattered throughout Russian Poland include
Leczna, Leczyca (Lentschuetz), Lentzen (Wlecz) and Lyczen (possibly others).

Did you obtain this info from a Polish marriage record?  Most times
these records include additional clues about the village location,
especially if the individual is born outside the parish of the
marriage.  Sometimes we miss or ignore such important info in our
research.  So - let us know more about the record, where it is from,
etc. and we may be able to help more.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca