[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Hollerung 10.21.2005

rbbtfarm rbbtfarm at wavecable.com
Fri Oct 21 13:32:28 PDT 2005

Hi List,

I am trying to use a connected surname, HOLLERUNG, to track my own SELINGER
line. Apparently it may be as difficult, if not worse. I wonder if anyone
might be able to suggest some alternative spellings other than the obvious
spelling with the single/double "L".
Eva HOLLERUNG married Herman SELINGER.

This couple lived in Joliet IL and married 1879. It appears they had three
sons, two of whom died young. The third, George, may have had children. The
father may have been George Herman or Herman George. All but the son,
George, have been buried in the Old German Cem. in Joliet IL. There are
Herman and Eva with sons Herman and Walter next to the possible parents of
the father, Herman. They are August and Wilhelmina (Minnie) SELINGER.

The father, Herman, may be the one who immigrated on the Hansa from Hamburg
that arrived in New York via Liverpool on 14 June 1872. The immigrant Herman
was age 17, which matches with my Herman SELINGER's birthdate of 11 Oct
1854, who would have still been 17 at the time the ship arrived.

My direct line is not Herman, but his younger sister, Bertha Emilie (nee
SELINGER) BARZ or BARTZ. She was also in Joliet IL with husband and 5
children. Herman and Bertha also had another brother, Julius SELINGER,
probably the middle of the siblings. As I mentioned, I believe their parents
were August and Wilhelmina SELINGER, buried in Joliet, Will Co. IL.

Thanks for any help,

Tricia M.