[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Goltz / Kurtz / Schmidtke from Grabieniec // Neutomischl

Michael Stockhausen michael.stockhausen.ff at web.de
Mon Oct 24 12:45:51 PDT 2005

According to his death record (Zgierz ev. 1870), Gottfried Goltz was born approx. 1797 in Grabieniec near Lodz. His parents were Samuel and Marianne née Kurtz.
I have not been able to trace his parents.

In the death record of one of Gottfried´s children a Christoph Goltz is one of the witnesses. He is supposed to be the child´s DZIADEK.
Christoph was married to Dorothea Kurtz. She was born -according to her death record (Zgierz ev. 1861)- in Neutomischl (I haven´t verfied this yet).

I assume that either
a) Christoph and Dorothea were Gottfried´s parents, the names Samuel and Marianne are incorrect
or b) Christoph was Samuel´s brother and Dorothea perhaps Marianne´s sister.

Gottfried was married to Rosina Dorothea Schmidt(ke). I have no additional information on her.

Does anyone know anything about this family?

Michael Stockhausen