[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Do you need help with Yiddish translations?

Kenneth Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Tue Oct 25 19:28:52 PDT 2005

x-posted to Ukraine SIG and Ger-Pol-Volhynia lists

I've often noted requests for translations from Yiddish and other
languages. I had a two page letter posted on Viewmate and never got a
full translation, but through the National Yiddish Book Store in
Amherst, MA I obtained a four page list of translators living in many
states and outside the U.S. I contacted one who lived near me (in case I
needed to bring the original document) and got a good result.

I would gladly send a copy of the list of translators (in MS Word
format) to anyone who might need it. Many translators have email links
and telephone listings. It would be up to  the recipient to contact and
make whatever arrangements suit their needs.

-- I can trace my taglines back 8 generations