[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] August Meier & Siblings - Birth Locations

marlo marlo50 at nwonline.net
Fri Oct 28 04:58:52 PDT 2005

Jerry, I like the map you mentioned in your message.  However, I am looking
for Elizbiecen or Elisaberthine and
I thought it was near Rozhishche.  I found the block that
has Rozhishche in it but when I enlarged it it was in Russian?
And also on the top it says 1924.  I am assuming that is the
year of this particular map.  My mother-in-law was born in the mentioned
village in 1888 so I doubt if it is still around in this
1924 map, right?  Can you help me locate the village?  Perhaps on an older
map?  And possibly in German?
(I know I am asking the impossible but in genealogy anything
is possible>)
Thank you.   Margaret