[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish or German?

Michael & Maureen McHenry maurmike1 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 31 06:47:09 PST 2005

My mother told me her mother, immigrant to America from Russian Poland,
could speak several languages. She also said that German was spoken in the
household.
On the other hand in researching confirmation records of Lipno I noticed the
column headings were in Polish. These are not official records so one would
have expected them to be in German.

                                        Mike