[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Pfalz or Schwab

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 6 17:34:02 PDT 2005

At 01:10 PM 06/09/2005, Robert Norenberg wrote:
>   It seems my ancestor was from Pfalz and not
>Wuerttemberg
>Is there any difference between a Schwab and a
>Pfalzer?
>                                Regards Robert Norenberg

Not sure what you mean by difference.  Certainly these are different
yet adjacent areas of Germany.  However, someone living in the Pfalz
region could speak with a Schwabisch dialect or might have picked it
up later through intermarriage, resulting in misidentification of the origins.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca