[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Holdings of the Archiwum Lublinie AND MORE

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 17 08:31:09 PDT 2005

A very interesting find, Reiner.  Gerhard Koenig
has referenced this page previously.  Perhaps he
can offer more detail about what is included.

There appears to be other material of value listed.  For example:

SYGN. 1, Zapisy urodze i zgonów mieszka ców kolonii Pawlów, 1864
(1864 birth records for the colony of Pawlow)

SYGN. 7-8, Ksi gi chrztów i zgonów w kantoracie Bukowski Las, 1918-1940
(1918-1940 baptisms in the kantorat of Bukowski Las)

And there is more about Lutheran Hospitals and
Schools, Baptist church books, etc. etc.

Then following Lublin, we have a similar listing
of info for the Lomza region though not nearly as
extensive.  Other regions follow like Lowicz and Lodz.

This entire page appears to be connected to, but
not linked as it should be, from
http://www.dhi.waw.pl/en/instytut/projekty/
(Archives on protestantism in Poland).  It looks
like researchers have gone into the various local
Archives in Poland to find everything they can
about the protestant churches in Poland and the
result is this listing of records, letters,
government acts and so on relevant to the topic.

My knowledge of Polish is limited but in some
cases it appears that there are Kantorat books
and other details about various villages.  For
example, under Lodz we find numerous listings such as:

SYGN. 42, Janów, 1843-1888

SYGN. 43, Justynów, 1842-1873

SYGN. 44, Kwilno, 1864-1873

What is contained in this material?  Does it have
genealogical value?  Lots more questions arise.  For example. do entries like:

SYGN. 3, Archiwum gminy Mileszki, wyznanie
ewangelickie, rozk ad skladek na kosciól ewangelicki w Lodzi, 1831-1854

SYGN. 17, Akta urz du wójta gminy Chojny i
Mileszki, wyznanie ewangelickie, skladka na
kosciól w odzi, szko , kolonia Dabrowa), 1841-1854

mean that there is more data available for the
villages of Mileszki and Chojny than we presently have?

I'm sure that a lot of this material is
historical rather than records but it will take
some dedicated research to determine what may be
of value.  Do the school records:

Szkola Powiatowa w Rawie

Kreisschule in Rawa

SYGN. 138, dtto - w kolonii Felicjanów, 1835-1853

SYGN. 139, dtto - G ogowiec, 1837-1863

provide names of students and other info about them?

For anyone who wants to look at all the places in
Poland, you will see the alphabetical series in
the link address.  Here are some others I found:

http://www.dhi.waw.pl/a-b.htm  (a to b)

http://www.dhi.waw.pl/c-d.htm (c to d)

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca