[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Corrections for the 1915 Land Expropriation document

Donald Miller dnmiller at whiz.to
Tue Sep 27 15:31:55 PDT 2005

List,

As many of you know I am writing another book on the Germans from Volhynia, this one a book of anecdotes entitled, The Old Country.  I am now coming down the home stretch with over 250 stories, soon ready for the printer .  One  resource I am including in the appendixes is an alphabetical  listing of the 7,000 names in the 1915 Land Expropriation document.  (AHSGR and Brent Mai who did the original translation have graciously given me permission to include the Index for wider publication.)  Over the years many of us have discovered errors in the spelling of names.  I found over a dozen misspellings of names in my village alone.  If you know of any errors, please let me know in the next couple of weeks so that I can include these.  This is the time to do it.

Also, if any of you have any short stories (single incidents/happenings, not complete histories) of 200 to 600/700 words of a family member who has his/her roots in Volhynia, let me know.  Its a wonderful way to honor a loved one and preserve a piece of their history.  (503) 647-5858.