[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kreis Petrikau

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Wed Sep 28 16:05:25 PDT 2005

Karla -

I think Petrikau is where your people lived before they went to
Volhynia.

Petrikau is now in Poland. I'd recommend you check shtetl seeker via
the JewishGen website, but not sure if it's back up yet as the server
was moved during Hurricane Rita.

LDS has a microfilm for Petrikau, but film description indicates its
only for a 7 year period, and earlier than the years you specify.  I
think the Lutherans that lived there must have attended church in a
different town - perhaps even their events might be recorded in a
Catholic church.

The following websites make some references to this place:

http://users.foxvalley.net/~goertz/faqpos.html

http://www3.adnc.com/~lynnd/gfaqi.html

http://www.territorial.de//ndschles/reichenb/petrikau.htm

http://www.territorial.de/staedte/staedtep.htm

http://hometown.aol.com/drhczaya/homepage/wprusver.htm

There are also numerous messages in the SGGEE archives that contain
the word Petrikau, and this one from Bill might be helpful to you for
search strategies to locate your ancestors:

http://www.sggee.org/pipermail/ger-poland-volhynia/2004-August/
003117.html

Nancy