[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Communication between Volhynia andNorthamerica

Ed Sonnenburg esonnenburg at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 4 07:55:45 PDT 2006

There may be more letters out there than you think but
many may not be published.  I've translated letters for
people from German to English so that can read them,
but they're not published.  We have a box with about 70
letters written in the 30s but so far only 11 are in a book
that my grandmother wrote.

I don't know exactly what years but there was no postage
allowed between Russia and Poland for years.  Relatives in Russia
wrote to Detroit and then Detroit wrote to Poland was
how messages were sent.  These letters aren't necessarily
from Volhynia which was your original question.