[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] help

Marg Driechel driechel at telus.net
Tue Apr 4 18:54:49 PDT 2006

Hi
When German Lutherans immigrated from Volhynia in 1890 and then spent a year in Winnipeg, what would they have been doing there?  Would they have worked on Mennonite
farms?  Is there any way to get information about them at this time?  My grandmother (Lydia Quast or Kwast) was born in 1891 while the family spent the year (1890-1891) in Winnipeg and was baptised in a Lutheran Church there, but I can not find the name of the church - hoping to find a record of her baptism.
Marg