[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] QUESTIONS TO EVERYBODY

Eduardo Kommers chiquinhok at terra.com.br
Tue Apr 4 20:17:04 PDT 2006

Hello everybody!

Some time ago I made a question here about "how our ancestors left Volhynia
and came to Americas (including South America)".
I'm a little confused because my ancestors embarked in Marseille, France, in
1897, and came to Brazil. It's not logical for me. See the world maps.

The history of the germans from Volhynia says a grand part of them went back
to Germany before going to USA, Canada, Brazil, etc.
I suposed in this way the german families just had to go down to the south
... 'cause Marseille is not too far away from Germany. Is it a possiblity?
Is there anybody on the same situation or with the same history?

A question to everybody who lives in Canada or USA: Do you know in what port
did your relatives embark? How did you get this information?
And a question to everybody: are there records about germans who went back
to Germany from Volhynia in 1880' and 1890'?

Best regards

Eduardo Kommers