[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Migrations of people--Germans to Wohlynia

rlyster at telusplanet.net rlyster at telusplanet.net
Sun Apr 16 11:53:52 PDT 2006

Hi Jerry,
  You seem well informed of many historical things.  And you made reference
that Catherine the Great was not responsible for German immigration to Russia
except for Volga Germans.  Do you then know another reason?  I am very
interested in understanding this.  Can you recommend some reading?
  Also have you any more information about resettlement issues due to WWII and
why these things happened?
  I am trying to understand the movement of relatives from Wohlynia to Siberia
to Warthegau and finally to Germany and then to Canada.  Also what was the
impulse that had these folks also come to "America" in the early 1900's (my
grandfather Ritz came for a couple of years and then went back).
  I would be very greatful for any information or links to information that
you could supply.

Rita Lyster