[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Birth record abbreviations

Wendy Otness Wendy.Otness at meritcare.com
Tue Apr 18 06:33:00 PDT 2006

Good morning, everyone!
I have been fortunate enough to come across a birth record for my great
grandmother. It is written in German for the most part, and I have
noticed in front of most of the male names, it says "Col". Can anyone
tell me what that might mean? Also, there was the heading "Paten", which
I am assuming is Godparents, but can't find it in my German-English
dictionary. This document is from 1878, so maybe this word is just an
old word not in use anymore?

Thanks in advance.
Wendy

This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C.  Section 2510-2521.   This e-mail is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail message from your computer.