[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Migrations of people--Germans to Wohlynia

marlo marlo50 at nwonline.net
Wed Apr 19 14:39:03 PDT 2006

Jerry, now that you have answered that question, I am wondering how those
people had money for passage?  Our family came with parents and 3 children,
I will admit they lied about the ages,  Bertha was really 6 but they said
she was 2 and Maria was 3 and they said she was only 10 months.  I know that
was cheaper,  but I still wonder how they had money to buy tickets if things
were so bad for them there.  Just curious.  My husbands other grandparents
also emigrated with 3 sons in 1874 from Pommern and were able to buy land
when they arrived here.  I know land was cheap but they must have brought
money with them when they came.
How sad we never asked questions at the right time and now all that is lost.
Margaret