[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The Name "Kerchmerbiche"?

Cynthia Howland bluebird07 at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 23 15:37:47 PDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

I am enjoying reading the current discussions and apologize for bringing up
another question.

On the Ellis Island record (ship's manifest) for arrival of my grandfather,
Emil Zippel (Cypell), in 1911 the name of the contact in Detroit appears to
be Lura Kechmerbiche, a cousin.  I have not been able to find this surname
anywhere.   Can anyone shed light on this name or equivalents?  In
particular, I have not seen the suffix? "biche" before.  We had not heard of
this cousin before.  I may not be reading the handwriting correctly.  I have
a scan, about 1.3 mg I could send as an attachment or a new discovery to me
is the Ellis Island site now has the ability to enlarge the page to be read
online.

I would appreciate any help.

Cynthia Howland
bluebird07 at bellsouth.net