[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Adamow & Spelling Discussion

Christopher Menke menke5616 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 23 15:53:42 PDT 2006

Hi All,
  Was there a town in Volhynia called Adamow? I found a birth record for Ida Menke in the Odessa3 site saying she died at age 1 in Adamow, but was born in Lodz. There is an Adamow near Lodz, but she is listed under the heading "Volhynian Deaths."

  By the way, and this also relates to the discussions going on for names and spellings -  in this record the spelling is "Moenke" so now I have seen Menke, Manke, Mahnke and Moenke as variations on the Menke last name.

  Definitely the same people though because her parents were Ferdinand (Moenke) & Rosalie Mueller and Ferdinand (Menke) and Rosalie Mueller also had children born in Kostsche and Janowka.

  Thanks for your insight,
  Chris Menke