[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Allen Zelmer-Umlauts

Otto otto at schienke.com
Sun Apr 23 18:11:30 PDT 2006

Thank you Allen, for the input and diacritical marks and umlaut
vowels information.
There are always some who will benefit with your rendered website URL.

I was using the word processor umlaut example to fortify the following:
  "Mechanical typewriters came on to the world scene. 26 letters. . .
where are my umlaut vowels?"

There are no umlaut characters on the typewriter.

The statement about mechanical typewriters illustrates why the use of
"ae", "oe", and "ue" in many German writings.  A practice still in
use today. I am illustrating that vowel combinations instead of
actual umlauts arise more out of practical necessity than which
variety of the German dialect is preferred.  If you research the
German language you will learn the leading vowel rule for the use of
umlaut vowels, A, O, and U.
http://www.informatics.susx.ac.uk/research/nlp/polylex/
polynode53.html#SECTION000510120000000000000
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Hall/1238/intro.html

I personally use a Mac with OS X 10.4.6-It presents me with a list of
global language fonts I have yet to read, let alone use.  A
difficulty remaining is that many websites out in the ether are still
not diacritical mark or umlaut capable.
. . .  Otto

                      " The Zen moment..." wk. of March 5, 2006
                         "Remove what isn't... What is remains."