[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Housekeeping note - delays in messages, digest replies, etc.

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Mon Apr 24 05:16:54 PDT 2006

Just want you to now that, with the recent flurry of discussion, that
some messages get delayed by the mailing list system.

This is because, as part of our spam prevention, messages with too
many "reply too" addresses are held for approval by the computer.  I
always release them to the list but that only happens once a day or so.

If you want to ensure that your message gets through quickly, then
delete the other addresses when you hit "reply all" and only use the
ger-poland-volhynia address.

Similarly, if you only hit "reply to" instead of "reply all", your
response will only go to the original poster, not the entire mailing
list.  So be sure to use the correct one in accord with how you want
to respond.

Another reminder to digest users.  When you reply to a digest
message, please take the extra time to apply the correct subject line
before sending your message.  This helps us to identify the content
instead of the meaningless, "Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol XX, Issue YY".

These are not complaints but rather just suggestions for making your
use of the system more effective.

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html