[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Umlaut Vowels

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Mon Apr 24 08:28:55 PDT 2006

To all,

This discussion about how to type characters with
an umlaut is interesting, but so far as the SGGEE
databases go, we will stick with ae, oe and ue
when we see one of those special characters.   We
will do this not because our method is better,
but simply to reduce the number of variations on
a name that need to be searched.

Gary Warner
SGGEE