[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Umlaut Vowels

richard benert benovich at imt.net
Mon Apr 24 11:01:39 PDT 2006

Just to complete Chris's picture, you type alt 148 for ö.

Now this is getting very close too off-topic, but I've got a mechanical
problem.  I've got both WordPerfect and MS Word.  The "alt 132, alt 148, alt
129" system used to work in both programs but I seemingly pushed a wrong
button somewhere along the line and now neither program produces umlauts in
this way.  Nor, I find, do the codes listed by RootsWeb.  Can anyone suggest
what I might have done to disable this feature?  Please respond privately.
Ich bin noch ein komputerischer Dummkopf.

Dick Benert