[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] microfilms

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Tue Apr 25 13:18:19 PDT 2006

    The slant 1  means that it is Item 1 (or part or section 1) of that film.  It is not an integral part of the film number and should not be used as such in a search.  It is an aid to direct you quickly to the part of the film that contains, in the case you mention, to Wolhynian data.

John Marsch
SGGEE

  Hello everyone,

  I got a film number of my ancestor on SGGEE.ORG and tried to search it on
  "familysearch.org". The number is 1884098/1.
  I type 1884098/1 and there aren't results. Than I type only 1884098 (without
  "/1" in the end)... this way is OK. It shows all the informations about the
  film.
  Could anyone tell me why? What does "/1" mean?

  Thanks

  Eduardo Kommers