[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Leaving Volhynia

Ohgrmtns at aol.com Ohgrmtns at aol.com
Wed Apr 26 20:14:36 PDT 2006

My g-father had a similar story. He left Nedbajewka in early 1911 when he
was 17. His mother sent him with many rubles so that he would be able to 'pay'
his way to America. He too had to guards but I not sure how much. The story
also  goes that he hid in a least 1 haystack to avoid guards and as my dad tells
it,  had the scars to show it. (He encountered a pitchfork somewhere in the
stack and  had a large scar on his thigh to prove it.) Form there, he too made
his way to  Bremen and on to New York.

Kristen FEIFERT Clark

Researching : (P)FEIFERT, STIEBNER,  NEUBERT, KOCHAN
Searching: Nedbajewka, Rohrbach(Berjozowka), Gruental,  Kutuzowka,
    and now  Lublin