[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Members and subscribers from around the world

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 27 08:47:07 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Otto <otto at schienke.com>
Date: Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:18 am

> Besides, my cousin Heinrich, who is buried in Australia would
> truly
> enjoy our discussion, considering his past interest in genealogy,
> and
> undoubtedly join in.       It would be neat to have an Australian
> SGGEE member.

We do indeed have at least one SGGEE member in Australia and I think several who subscribe to our database.  Ed Koppen from Australia attended our first organizing convention in Edmonton, Alberta.  He descends from Volhynian Germans who escaped from Russia by way of Harbin, China c.1930.  In fact, if I remember correctly, Ed served on our first Board of Directors.

Our subscriber base for the mailing list is even more diverse.  We don't hear from everyone.  Some only read.  But they come from England, Poland, Denmark, Germany, France, Brazil, Argentina, Australia, Canada, and of course the United States.  There may be others where I cannot identify the country because they use MSN, AOL or other aliases.

Jerry Frank