[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Translations of occupations from ortsippenbuch

Joyce E. birdlover18206 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 18:51:21 PDT 2006

I have been able to trace some of my ancestors from Russia Poland to
villages in Germany.  I am having trouble translating the occuptions of my
ancestors from the 1500 and 1600's in Cresbach, Germany.   The occupations
are  1. Heiligenpfleger   2. Leinenweber   3.  Saeger  ( There should be
umlaut over the a but I don't have that key)   4. Waldhauer  5. Hofbauer  5
Gewester Schulmeister      Also,  behind the name of one of my ancestors
Jakob Martini  it always has "der Roth Jackschle"  whenever his name is
mentioned.   His father was a heiligenpfleger.  What could that phrase mean?
    Thank you for any help.     Joyce