[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Translations of occupations from ortsippenbuch

Ed Sonnenburg esonnenburg at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 28 19:38:56 PDT 2006

here's a translation

1 -  spiritual healer (possibly preacher)
2-  Linen weaver
3- Someone who saws (woodworker, tree cutter)
4- Wood or tree cutter
 5- farm builder
 6- school master

Jacob may have had red hair since they called him  Red Jakschle  -  schle on
the end
of the name is something older people added to kids names.