[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Leaving Volhynia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 30 13:32:34 PDT 2006

Immigration into Canada and the States was curtailed dramatically
c.1929 and later because of the Great Depression.  This is why the
German (Mennonite and Lutheran) refugees who escaped from eastern
Russia over the Amur River to Harbin, China were denied entry.  They
were forced to go to South America.

Jerry Frank