[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bill Remus-Labischin emigre'

Otto otto at schienke.com
Sun Apr 30 14:39:57 PDT 2006

Evening Bill,
We keep crossing paths-

Unless you have documentation links on the 'Haarwardt' surname prior
to Labischin, I would give consideration to Earl's comment on the
similarity of Haarwardt and Haarbardt (with spelling variations.)
(documentation will negate the following)

The time period was one of turmoil and change.  Prussian 2nd
Partition 1795, Napoleon 1806, Russians 1813.  All three events
involved conscription of able-bodied and not so able-bodied men for
the military. It mattered not which political entity was in power.
Name spellings changed, names were changed and alias's were used.

I find some Labischin dwellers/relatives migrated up the Vistula/
Weichse/Wislal to the Ilow Parish, to the Neuhof/Nowy Dwor Mazowiecki
Parish, To Pultusk Parish, To Nasielsk Parish, then some (2nd gen.)
drifted westward to Praschnitz Parish and further to Sierpc Parish.
One relative from Nowy Dwor Mazowiecki Parish, Michael Schienke oo
Roselia Neumann moved to Volhynia and I lost track of him at
Tartschinka.

The surname "Haar-wardt":
Dutch 'Haar' = Hill.   German 'Haar' = Hair.
Dutch 'wardt = guard?   German Wardt = wart?

Some possibles: Dutch 'Hill-guard'   German 'Hair-wart'

Haar-bardt in German:'Hair-beard'
I'll opt for this latter spelling.

You will find Harbarts in some of those parishes and the dates are
favorable.

Harbarts's are part of the Cleveland, Ohio clan.
I can still visualize old Fritz Harbart puffing on his big cigar when
I was 5 years old.
. . .  Otto

                      " The Zen moment..." wk. of March 5, 2006
                         "Remove what isn't... What is remains."