[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] occupation der Roth Jackschle

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Sun Apr 30 15:05:54 PDT 2006

Joyce:

Would this possibly relate to a profession associated with the
church?  Maybe a Kantor or music director?

In my research, I've come across a Barbara Martini that married
Abraham Calov(ius) and her father was Christophorus Martini.  CM was
born in 1500s and Barbara in early 1600s, and she married a Lutheran
Theologian.  His five subsequent wives, after Barbara died, were
primarily daughters of Lutheran clergy.

Nancy

"der Roth Jackschle" = an off-the-wall guess: a profession where the
person wore a red jacket, vest, or waistcoat

George Shoning