[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] GOOGLE - Books for research

Kenneth Browne kbrowne at alumni.umass.edu
Fri Aug 4 18:33:32 PDT 2006

Jerry Frank wrote:
> If you haven't already done so, you may want to expand your usual GOOGLE searches to include their Book Search feature.  You can try searching for your town or parish of interest, or a surname if somewhat unique.  It will primarily help if you are interested in the history of the regions where your ancestors lived.

I second Jerry's recommendation. I've actually found full text versions
of old family genealogies for some of my lines via Google Books, as well
as Books Online through HeritageQuest, to which I gain free electronic
access via my Boston Public Library card...available to ANY
Massachusetts resident, but you need to appear in person at any branch
library to obtain a card. I would guess that many other major cities
offer similar access.

                    ****Ken Browne:
researching****

                 BROWN(E) LEIGHTON TAYLOR CLOUGH
                 LACHMANN MROCH  NOURSE RUSSELL PETTENGILL
                 MORSE NOBLE  GROVER GAMAGE