[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New Book on Volhynia: "The Old Country" by Donald N. Miller

Don Miller dnmiller at whiz.to
Mon Aug 14 15:18:34 PDT 2006

NEW BOOK:  I have recently returned from Ukraine where my new book, The Old Country, was printed.  It is a hardcover edition, 332 pages, and contains over 250 anecdotes of everyday life in the Russian Empire, written by a minority group of people called the Volhynian Germans.  The stories speak of happy childhoods, sudden and forced separations, tragic circumstances, unanswerable questions, miraculous escapes, eternal hope and new beginnings.  The book spanning over 150 years of Russian German life and culture promises to be a valuable souvenir for our older readers and a vital inspiration for the younger generation.  In addition to the stories, the book also contains 100 interesting photos, a number of important maps and an overview of the socio-political times in which the people lived.

Price of the book is $30, plus $5. P & H (USD).  You can order the book on-line at http://inthemidstofwolves.com and pay by credit card or send a request for an order form to me at dnmiller at whiz.to  My address is 12814 NW Bishop Rd., Hillsboro, OR 97124.  Telephone: (503) 547-5858.